I love writing! Quite simply. I have always loved it, I spend most of my spare time writing. I Love writing about almost everything … except myself. So I’m going to do this the easy way.
Here are a few things about me and my blog …
1) In my family and friends I am lucky enough to have a patient, encouraging and captive audience, who always laugh in the right place! Most of my stories were originally written for and read by them.
2) My big ambition is to be a screenwriter. I have studied writing for film and television. I have written several screenplays and have worked as a writer and script editor on a few small projects, as well as having a couple of plays commissioned and produced.
3) I am currently studying for a degree with the Open University in English Literature and Theology.
4) I love animals (usually more than people) particularly dogs! All my animals have been included in my stories and have all been given their own complicated and elaborate backstory!
5) I really enjoy making my own films, particularly spoof documentaries and sketches.
6) I was born with a serious, complicated and rare heart condition. the details of which I feel it’s best not to dwell on, but which has been described both as “unique” and as “resembling a kitchen sink” (I’m still slightly confused about that one!). It has consistently interrupted my life and means I am continuously waiting for “clarification of my anatomy”, not really a sentence that fills me with confidence.
7) I am a huge fan of Jane Austen, particularly her early works and juvenilia. Though I think that is probably evident from the blog!
8) This blog is written entirely for fun and to give my stories and musings a slightly bigger audience.
Well for someone who doesn’t like talking about herself I’ve done quite well!
I hope you enjoy the blog!